Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2013

ZOMBIES/BLOOD - ZBF.com pics @ Texas Frightmare 2013

by Bowie Ibarra

ZombieBloodFights.com mastermind Bowie V. Ibarra was able to join Permuted Press as well as some of their stable of writers at the 8th Annual Texas Frightmare Convention in Dallas, Texas.  Ibarra takes a moment to document some of the fun that was had.

 
Permuted Superfan 'Brave Blue Mice' was in attendance, having driven from Minnesota through a blizzard to the event.

 
Dude was wearing a Huracan Ramirez shirt.  I had to get the shot.  And how appropriate I was wearing my Star Man shirt.

 
Me with my foster dad Jacob Kier, Permuted Press kingpin.  I'm not sure why I'm doing the 'lucha hands', but there you go.


 
Permuted author Peter Clines (of the hit Ex-Heroes series) drops the big elbow on Bowie.

 
Great privilege to sit with Peter.


Holy crap!  Mercy the Rotten Cotton poster girl was in attendance!  She's even more stunning in person.  Not pictured was when she kicked me right in the ass with her studded high-heel shoes.  People thought that was weird.  People thought it was weirder that I begged her to do it.  I thought it was funny.

 
Loyal reader Scat Caserole made an appearance.  His shirt was the best.  It was great to finally say hello in person.
 

 
Nazis zombies.  I hate Nazi zombies.

 
Darren Tompkins of the Houston Zombie Walk was also in attendance.

 
Meeting readers who have been following the series even before I was with Permuted Press is always the best.  Here I am with reader Carrie and her husband.

 
Reader Chuck Mutch showed up as well.

 
Predator.

 
Zombie Santa

 
Female Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz.

 
Jigsaw.  Man, it would have totally rocked if she had a tricycle.

 
D-List zombie horror hack Bowie Ibarra.

 
Tim Long of the "Among the Living" zombie horror series giving the snooty author look.

 
Marilyn Burns is the reason I could not finish watching 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' the first time I saw it on VHS.  I stopped it as grandpa was trying to bash her head in with a hammer at the dinner table and did not watch it again for several years.

 
Rounding out my evening, having just seen a sneak preview of the 'Maniac' remake with Elijah Wood and finally getting my pic snapped with the elusive and mysterious DL Snell, author of 'Pavlov's Dog' among others.
 
It was a great time with some great people and great stuff all around.  I look forward to doing it again soon!
 
=================
 

BOWIE V. IBARRA is the author of the 'Down the Road' zombie horror series from Permuted Press and Simon and Schuster.  His latest book, 'The Cruel Fate of Dr. Brewster' McGill' is a weird western tale of snake oil, Aztec Magic, and the dead rising from the grave to attack the living.  It is available in Kindle and paperback from Amazon.com.

If you are a blogger and enjoyed the blog, please follow me.

Enjoy the blog?  Share it with your friends using the 'Facebook', 'Blogger' and 'Twitter' buttons below.

Leave a comment below using your Google+ or Blogger account.

Follow Bowie on Twitter @wingback20

Follow Bowie's Facebook page.

You can network with Bowie and read about his Tex-Mexploitation stories and check out his book trailers at his personal website, ZombieBloodFights.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment