Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 20, 2014

FIGHTS/BLOOD - ZBFbooks.com takes in an Indiana Jones 'Action Pack' experience

'INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM' GETS THE ACTION PACK TREATMENT VIA DRAFTHOUSE CINEMA
by
Bowie V. Ibarra


I'd seen the Alamo Drafthouse offer up shows called 'Action Packs'.  And I've seen plenty of 'Quote-Alongs' being offered as well.  But I've never gone to any of them.

So when Drafthouse offered an 'Action Pack, Quote-Along' screening of 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom', I was wary.  I didn't know exactly how it would play out with one of my favorite movies of all time.  Would it be disrespectful of the movie?  Would it be totally obnoxious?  I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but I also didn't want to pass up on getting a chance to see a movie on the big screen that I hadn't seen since 1984.

I took the plunge, and I'm glad I did.

It turns out the 'Action Pack'-themed movie nights at Drafthouse are very similar to a 'Rocky Horror' style viewing.  You get little props to play with as the movie plays, there are actual in-house explosions (This one had a dude that blew up a confetti cannon during the opening fight scene at Club Obi Wan), and there was even someone spraying water on folks during the big finish over the chasm near Pankot Palace.

And in the end, I was probably the most obnoxious one there, as I knew plenty of lines from the movie.  Even though I went with the recommended lines that were displayed at the bottom of the screen every so often throughout the movie, I was encouraged to say all the lines I knew.  As long as I 'quoted along' and not 'quoted before'. 

Bottom line, if you really like a movie and have the chance to see it in a Drafthouse Action-Pack format, do it. It's a great fun experience that you should have.  They're doing another Action-Pack of 'Temple of Doom' in San Antonio.  Check out the details HERE.

Speaking of ancient magic, have you read ZBFbooks.com's latest title, 'Room 26 and the Army of Xulhutdul'?  It's the story of a young woman put in charge of a museum in San Antonio, Texas, only to discover a hidden room filled with magical relics.  You need to check it out in paperback or Kindle HERE today!


BOWIE V. IBARRA is the author of the combat sport series 'Pit Fighters' from ZBFbooks.com.  It's the adventures of several fighters from around the world who form a stable to compete in the early days of MMA competition.  You can pick them up today in paperback or Kindle HERE.
 
Network with Bowie and check out all his other cool books featuring zombies, blood, and fights at his official website, ZBFbooks.com today.

No comments:

Post a Comment